Following are common dental problems that bring patients to the Alex Bell Dental office:
- A toothache: A toothache can be a hard to describe, but immediately recognizable pain. In some instances the toothache is dull and constant while in others is sharp and fast. Either way it's a sign that there's a problem in your mouth. While you may be able to minimize the pain with an over the counter medication or ointment, it's important to see a dentist so that the underlying problem can be addressed.
- Bleeding gums: If you think that a little bit of "pink in the sink" is normal, you're not alone. Many patients believe that bleeding gums are no big deal. In fact, your gums should not bleed while brushing, nor should they be sore or inflammed. If you're experiencing these symptoms, it's important to see a dentist as it could be a sign of gum disease. In some cases, gum disease can be easily reversed by improving at home dental habits like brushing better or flossing more frequently. However, if a patient is experiencing a more advanced stage of gum disease, the dentist may need to prescribe prescription mouthwash or perform a deep cleaning of the teeth and gums.
- Broken or chipped tooth: As much as we want to believe that our teeth are permanent the truth is that they can easily become chipped or broken. In some cases, it can be caused by a fall or getting hit in the mouth, while in other cases the damage is due to decay or poor oral health habits. Either way having a tooth that is broken or fragile looked at quickly will dramatically improve the odds of being able to save it and restore it to full strength and function.
- Dentist in West Carrollton
West Carrollton dentist offers tips to keep your mouth healthy
- 45459 Dentist
Skilled dentist answers all of your oral health care questions in the 45459 area
- Dentist in Bellbrook OH
Methods of Sedation Dentistry offered by Dr. Cobb, Dentist in the Bellbrook, OH area
- Dentist in Kettering OH
Dental care treatments from Dentist in the Kettering, OH community
- Dentists in Centerville OH
Working with your Dentists in Centerville, OH can prevent Gum disease
- Dentistry in Dayton OH
A dentist can make a difference in Dayton, OH smiles