Dr. Daniel Cobb of Alex Bell Dental advises his patients proper prevention techniques can prevent tooth decay or gum disease, the leading causes of oral health problems. Dr. Cobb and his team make sure that educating the patient is a part of every appointment. They provide tips and helpful information to each patient about things he or she can do at home to ensure that the mouth stays healthy. Here are some of the top tips:
- Proper at home health habits: Most patients recognize that brushing and flossing are the keys to keeping cavities away. However, many still rush thought the act or skip them entirely so that they may get a few extra minutes of sleep. Dr. Cobb reminds patients that they should take their time to brush the surface area of each tooth and use floss to get between the teeth, every single day. He also suggests that patients use a firm toothbrush but one that's not harmful to the tooth's enamel.
- Think about nutrition: When patients talk about their diets, they often think about their waistlines before their mouth. However, the same foods that can impact your overall health are the ones that can harm your dental health. Those foods and beverages that are high in sugar content such as soda, fruit juice, candy or other sweets can cause a sticky environment to develop in your mouth. This environment is the perfect place for bacteria to grow and decay or gum disease to begin.
- Keep your appointments: As important as brushing, flossing, and eating well are, it's also important to maintain a regular schedule of cleanings and checkups with the dentist. At these appointments you will receive a professional cleaning that removes plaque and bacteria from the surfaces of the teeth and from those hard to reach areas in the back of the mouth and between the teeth. In addition, Dr. Cobb has the opportunity to examine your mouth and spot any areas of concern.
- Dentist in West Carrollton
West Carrollton dentist offers tips to keep your mouth healthy
- 45459 Dentist
Skilled dentist answers all of your oral health care questions in the 45459 area
- Dentist in Bellbrook OH
Methods of Sedation Dentistry offered by Dr. Cobb, Dentist in the Bellbrook, OH area
- Dentist in Kettering OH
Dental care treatments from Dentist in the Kettering, OH community
- Dentists in Centerville OH
Working with your Dentists in Centerville, OH can prevent Gum disease
- Dentistry in Dayton OH
A dentist can make a difference in Dayton, OH smiles