Cosmetic dental care: It is much more than you realize in Centerville, OH
Did you know that cosmetic dentistry is not a recognized specialty? While it highly promoted, the term simply refers to procedures intended solely to improve the appearance of your smile. At Alex Bell Dental in Centerville, OH, Dr. Daniel Cobb take a different approach. They apply an element of artistry to every dental treatment, for care that preserves oral function, contributes to a healthier body, and beautifies your smile.
What makes a face attractive?
The short answer is – everything! An appealing countenance isn’t made of one element – it is the result of each component balancing and complementing the others–hair color and style, skin tone, eye shape, lips, teeth, gums, and facial contours.
Phi is the 21st letter of the Greek alphabet, commonly pronounced “fi,” “fee,” or “pie.” Although phi can be derived in many ways, mathematically, it is the ratio of a circle’s circumference to its diameter. The formula can be used to section a line into proportions that appeal to the human eye. Phi is found throughout the universe, in nature, in art and architecture, and in your smile!
In this context, phi becomes the basis for the Golden Ratio. An experienced cosmetic dentist uses it to determine the ideal length and width of each tooth with regard to one another and in relationship to the smile as a whole.Dr. Cobb expand on the Golden Ratio, bringing ideal enamel color, alignment, and gum contour into the equation.
This attention to detail is applied to preventive care that keeps gums and teeth naturally healthy, and to restorative treatments such as metal-free fillings, tooth colored bonding, porcelain crowns, ceramic bridges, and zirconium dental implants.
The team at Alex Bell Dental also offers purely aesthetic smile enhancement services:
- Teeth whitening – A professional technique to brighten tooth color safely, with minimal risk of sensitivity.
- Cosmetic bonding –The dentist uses this pliable resin material to reshape teeth and conceal imperfections. Bonding can usually be completed in one visit, often without numbing.
- Crowns – While dental crowns are certainly used in restorative dentistry to repair damage and provide strength and protection, they can also be placed to improve the appearance of a tooth with an unusual shape, size, or color.
- Gum contouring – Sometimes called a “gum lift,” this procedure removes excess soft tissue for an improved proportion of pink to white, brings a receding gum line back down where it belongs (covering root surfaces), and results in a clean, curved arc over each tooth.
- Porcelain veneers –Veneers are the ultimate cosmetic treatment. These thin shells of gleaming dental ceramic material are precisely shaped to fit over the front surfaces of teeth – usually the central four, six, or eight in the upper arch– and cemented in place. Veneers bring lovely symmetry to the smile by masking enamel flaws such as pits, bumps, chips, and fractures. The color can be matched to natural teeth or lightened significantly. Veneer treatment is sometimes called “instant orthodontics” because it closes spaces between teeth and gives the appearance of near-perfect alignment.
At Alex Bell Dental, you never receive cookie-cutter care. Restorative and cosmetic services are tailored to each patient’s needs, goals, budget, and schedule, with YOU becoming an important part of the treatment planning team.
Holistic dental care with cosmetic appeal in Centerville, OH
You may be wondering how cosmetic enhancement fits into a holistic dentistry model. Perfectly! Holistic dentistry, by definition,considers all aspects of the patient’s wellbeing. That includes oral health, systemic wellness, and the patient’s emotional state. The appearance of your smile has tremendous potential to boost self-confidence, facilitating a relaxed, at-easedemeanor in business and social situations. It is one way to help you feel good about yourself.
As a biological dental practice, Alex Bell Dental uses only the safest available materials and treatment techniques. We are a mercury-free and mercury-safe practice. That means we do not place amalgam fillings, and we follow stringent protocols to safely remove silver-colored restorations. We offer metal-free, aesthetically pleasing treatment options for people who want beautiful smiles that contribute to overall wellness.
New patients are welcome at Alex Bell Dental. Call (937) 435 7311 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Cobb.Back to Cosmetic Dentistry Page