Oral health tips from your Centerville dentist
Dr. Cobb takes great care to make sure he forms a trusting partnership with his patients. A patients’ smile is often the first impression they give people and improving the health and appearance of those smiles is the number one priority at Alex Bell Dental. Proper brushing and flossing along with regular dental visits are essential to maintaining the health of your teeth and gums. Dr. Cobb recommends all patients visit his office twice a year for optimal results. In addition, there are number of steps you can follow to ensure you have a lifetime of healthy teeth and beautiful smiles.
- Follow a daily oral health regimen – Dr. Cobb is happy to help you come up with a plan for daily oral hygiene that fits in with any of your special conditions or medical needs.
- Brush and Floss Daily – Although it is generally accepted to brush your teeth twice a day and floss once a day, Dr. Cobb encourages patients to brush their teeth after every meal. Food will leave plaque on teeth that will eventually turn to acid and can cause tooth decay and gum disease. Antibacterial mouth wash can also cut down on plaque.
- Eat nutritious foods – Foods that contain a lot of sugar and starch produce acids that begin the tooth decay process. Eating a balanced diet with lots of fruit, vegetables, whole grains, and fibers will help keep your teeth healthy.
- Quit Smoking – Smoking cigarettes or tobacco use increase your risk of gum disease, bad breath, stained teeth, and cancer. Quitting smoking will dramatically improve the health of your teeth and your overall well-being.
- Know your teeth – Being familiar with your own teeth and gums will allow you to notice any changes at an early stage. When examining the mouth you will want to make special note of any growths, swellings, or spots. On the teeth look for any discoloration, chipping, or looseness. Call Dr. Cobb for an examination if you notice any of these changes or develop any mouth pain.
If you live in Centerville, or the surrounding area, and are looking for a dentist who will be your partner in your oral health, call Alex Bell Dental today.
Back to Contact Us Page