Patients in Centerville ask a respected dentist about the advantages of dental implants
Tooth loss can be an overwhelming concept for patients. The idea of losing a permanent tooth, or having one extracted, can cause anxiety. They may wonder, “Will I have to live with dentures? Will I have any cosmetic options available to me? How will this change my lifestyle?” Dr. Daniel Cobb, a highly respected dentist at Alex Bell Dental in Centerville, responds to questions such as these. He will explain that there are many treatments that can repair the smile after tooth loss. Dr. Cobb works closely with men and women to discuss the options available.
Whenever possible, Dr. Cobb may suggest the placement of dental implants, which are highly desirable for many reasons. These titanium posts can be surgically placed into the bone with a high success rate. Once placed, they can be restored in various ways, either with crowns or bridges. Dr. Cobb works with a highly skilled oral surgeon to place the implants during surgery. After the jawbone has healed, Dr. Cobb performs the restorative procedure.
Dental implants have many advantages over the alternative solutions including:
- A high success rate for placement (almost 100 percent)
- More strength and durability
- Providing the ability to help patients maintain their bone structure as well as help expand it through osseointegration
- The ability to act like natural tooth roots and remain fused to the bone
- Providing patients with a no-fuss way to repair their smiles after tooth loss
- Being paired with crowns or bridges, making them highly versatile
- The ability to last a lifetime with good oral hygiene habits such as brushing and flossing
Dr. Cobb is happy to assist patients in making an educated decision regarding the health, wellness, and repair of their smiles. He will carefully review their medical history and examine their mouth, teeth, and gums to determine if dental implants are right for them. If they are candidates for dental implant treatment, he will tailor a plan to meet their needs.
Dr. Cobb would love to meet with you to discuss the benefits of dental implants as well as other restorations such as bridges. He can help guide you through the journey of repairing the smile with some of the best technologies and materials in dentistry. Call (937) 435 7311 today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Cobb.
Back to Cosmetic Dentistry Page