How the Solea Laser is redefining dental care in Centerville
Here at Alex Bell Dental in Centerville, OH, we are in the business of smiles. We believe dental care should be a gentle, pleasant experience that gives you a reason to smile. No one likes pain, needles, or the dreaded sound of a drill. In fact, these are among the most common reasons for dental anxiety.
Thankfully, drills and scalpels are quickly fading into history thanks to modern technology, with the Solea Dental Laser.
Taking the stress out of dental care
Solea is a revolutionary new technology that takes the pain and fear out of seeing a dentist. This single device can be used on soft or hard tissues, without changing devices or settings. The uniquely versatile design makes it appropriate for most procedures, from gum surgery to cavity fillings. That means you can smile more and worry less.
What is different about procedures that are performed using Solea?
- No drill, and none of the accompanying sound, smell, vibration, and discomfort
- No needles, because in most cases, Novocain is not needed,
- No blood and no sutures during oral surgery
Convenience that fits today’s busy lifestyle
We make every effort to ensure that our office is comfortable and inviting, and that your experience is pleasant. However, we know that it’s still not your favorite place to be. Most patients describe the ideal treatment as something that can be completed in a short appointment with no pain and minimal disruption to their busy lives. Thanks to Solea technology, that can be a reality for many patients, because it often eliminates the need for a drill or scalpel.
- Solea is precise, efficient, and fast. Many basic dental procedures can be performed in a matter of minutes. Even complex treatments typically take less time.
- You can go on with your day. Instead of leaving the office numb or in pain, you can walk out the door with a smile, and get back to the business of living your life.
Safe and healthy
Laser dentistry provides a better patient experience, but you might be wondering how well it works. The benefits of Solea dental laser don’t stop when your appointment ends.
- Laser cutting is more precise than drilling. When Solea is used to prepare teeth for restorations, your dentist can remove all decay while preserving the maximum amount of healthy tooth material.
- Lasers are more sterile than traditional tools, and they kill bacteria on contact, reducing the risk of post-procedure infection.
- Solea is the first dental CO2 laser device to earn FDA clearance for both soft tissue (gums) and hard tissue (teeth).
The beauty of advanced technology
This laser enables a new level of precision and predictable results in cosmetic dentistry procedures.
- Laser gum surgery cauterizes tissue, so stitches are not needed. This enables the gum line to heal more quickly and comfortably.
- Solea laser is used to prepare teeth for veneers, cosmetic fillings, and other restorations with no drill, and usually no needles.
How Solea is different
This first of it’ kind device is different from other dental lasers on the market. Solea is a CO2 laser, which emits light at the unique wavelength of 9.3 µm. What does that mean for you as a patient?
Traditionally, hard tissue lasers work through water vaporization, which gradually chips away enamel. Lasers that are adjusted for soft tissue are not effective for bone or tooth material. that works by ablating (vaporizing) tissue. Solea is designed to deliver a better dental experience
- Solea is capable of significantly greater speed than other dental laser devices currently on the market.
- Because this is an all-tissue laser, you won’t have to wait while your dentist changes instruments or adjusts a device.
- Solea vaporizes tissue with exacting precision, facilitating optimal results in all types of procedures.
Dr. Daniel Cobb and the team at Alex Bell Dental are committed to clinical excellence and a high standard of patient care. Solea laser treatment is one of our favorite devices, because it has opened up a whole new world of fast, convenient, comfortable dentistry for our patients.Back to Home Page