There are ample reasons implants are a popular form of tooth replacement in Dayton OH
Healthy teeth and gums are necessary not only for an attractive smile, but also for digestive function and general health. The state of our teeth and gums, however, is determined by a variety of factors. Many people, at some point, face the loss of one or more teeth. As we grow older, the potential need for total tooth replacement increases. After the loss of a tooth or teeth, it is important to find a suitable form of replacement so that chewing, speaking, and digestion remain functional. When seeking your ideal form of tooth replacement in Dayton, OH, we urge you to consider dental implants.
Various treatments are available that can restore a nice appearance by replacing a missing tooth or teeth. For most people, dental implants are a viable solution to this problem. Your dentist can perform a thorough evaluation to help you decide on the most suitable form of treatment. Dr. Cobb explains the details of various treatments, the procedure, and benefits associated with treatment.
Some of the benefits that draw people to dental implant tooth replacement include:
- Stability that comes only from this permanent, fixed restoration. Implants replace the root structure as well as the lost tooth, creating stability matched only by natural teeth.
- Full chewing and digestive function.
- Heightened comfort compared to other tooth replacement options. Implants feel just like natural teeth. They will not rub against the gums, causing irritation and sores.
- Preservation of remaining teeth when only one or a few teeth are replaced. A dental bridge is fixed to two healthy teeth for stability, requiring their modification. Implants are solitary structures anchored in the bone.
- Greater confidence in eating all types of foods, and in laughing, smiling, or speaking. Stabilized by the natural bone structure, implants are firmly set, allowing you to eat the foods that you love, to speak with clarity, and to laugh freely knowing that your appliance will not fall out.
- Easy care. There are no special requirements for the maintenance of dental implants. These structures are fabricated from materials that will not decay or break down. Excellent oral hygiene is recommended to keep gums and bone tissue, which support implants, healthy.
If you are searching for your ideal solution for missing teeth, we have solutions that will work for you. Contact Alex Bell Dental for your tooth replacement consultation.
Back to Oral Surgery Page