Centerville dentist explains the benefits of a dental implant for replacing a missing tooth
When a tooth or several teeth are missing, patients often begin to discuss their replacement options with their dentists. From bridges to dentures to implants, patients have options to restore their smiles and regain their confidence.
In recent years, dental implants have gained popularity for many reasons, including:
- Longevity – Once the implant is placed, it looks and functions just like the natural tooth. With the right dental care – like brushing, flossing, and regular checkups – most implants will last for many years. Other replacement teeth options have to be replaced or adjusted frequently.
- Set it and forget it – Some patients don’t mind having to place a partial denture every day. Others simply don’t want to have to take it out at night, replace it in the morning, or be bothered with extra cleaning steps. Implants become permanent fixtures in the mouth, just like natural teeth.
- Appearance – With an implant and a custom-made prosthetic tooth, no one will ever need to know that you have a replacement tooth. It will be to the exact specifications of your dentist in order to blend in perfectly with the other teeth.
- Strength and security – With a dental implant, patients don’t have to say goodbye their favorite foods or be concerned that an appliance will slip while speaking during an important meeting. Instead patients can eat their favorite foods, speak with confidence, and smile brightly without worrying about their implants.
- No additional care – Dental implants require only the same at home oral care habits as your natural teeth. Brushing, flossing, and regular dental checkups are the only things it takes to keep your implant strong and healthy.
After learning about the advantages of dental implants, many patients begin to search for the best dentist to perform their treatment. At Alex Bell Dental, patients can be sure that they are receiving the best care with the best technology and the most advanced procedures. Additionally, they’re receiving treatment from the same team that they’ve grown to trust and respect. Led by Dr. Daniel Cobb, the Alex Bell Dental team is trained, experienced, and trusted to provide gentle and quality care to all of their patients.
For more information about the benefits of implants or to schedule a consultation to discuss dental implants, call Alex Bell Dental today.
Back to Dental Implants Page