Find relief with TMJ treatment in Centerville, OH
The lives of an estimated ten million Americans are impacted by TMJ disorders. This imbalance is felt throughout the body, triggering a variety of symptoms. TMJ problems are often misdiagnosed or masked with pain medications. Drs. Daniel Cobb and Douglas Nyakundi offer a healthier path to relief, with holistic TMJ treatment at the Alex Bell Dental office in Centerville, OH.
Temporomandibular joints are the hinges on either side of your head that connect the jawbone to the skull. TMJs are an intricate arrangement of bone, muscles, ligaments, nerves, and articulating discs that allow the jaw to open and close, move side to side, and slide forward. When any aspect of this system is compromised, bite, comfort, and function are affected.
- TMJ pain – generalized aching in the lower portion of the face.
- Jaw pain – tenderness in joints.
- Limited mobility. Mouth may not open fully, or may lock shut or open.
- Clicks, pops, and grinding noises.
- Earache or ear noises.
- Headaches and migraines.
- Stiffness from skull to hips.
Treating you – not your symptoms
At Alex Bell Dental, we begin with a thorough evaluation. Potential causes can range from stress to chewing gum, sitting position, genetic factors, injury, or worn or ill-fitting dental restorations.
Then we take a three-pronged approach to alleviate distress:
- A small, discreet dental appliance (splint) worn at night relieves stress on joints by re-aligning bite.
- We refer you to a trusted chiropractor. Bringing the spine into alignment has a tremendous impact on the TMJs.
- Massage therapy may be recommended. We work with a highly-qualified therapist who uses skilled techniques to reduce tension in the neck, back, and shoulder muscles.
This is not a jaw issue – it is a quality of life issue. Compassionate answers and TMJ treatment are found at Alex Bell Dental in Centerville, OH. Call (937) 435 7311.