A bridge may also be used to replace a missing tooth, but requires crowns on the teeth on either side of the space to hold the bridge in place. This means reducing (grinding down) those otherwise healthy teeth. A dental implant stands on its own, without damage to adjoining teeth.
A dental implant is a surgical procedure. Our professional association with an excellent oral surgeon ensures a coordinated approach. Once the surgeon has placed the implant and we are satisfied with the healing, Dr. Cobb completes the process.
We strive to create an implant that looks great and fits your bite perfectly. Natural teeth have some flexibility – give and take – when you bite down. But an implant is solidly attached to the bone. So flawless alignment is vital to be sure there is minimum stress on the implant crown.
You may expect your implant to last many years with good care. That care includes careful home oral hygiene and regular dental check-ups and cleanings. Dr. Cobb will educate you on how to care for your new dental implant to extend its longevity.
If you are a patient in the Centerville community who is ready to seek the care and attention of a quality dental staff, look no further than the team at Alex Bell Dental. We provide a wide variety of dental services to assist patients in improving the health and beauty of their smiles. Call us today to schedule your initial consultation visit and learn more about dental implants and many other restorative solutions.
- Why are Centerville, OH dental patients choosing zirconia implants?
- Restore your smile to its full potential with dental implants in Centerville
- Centerville dentist explains the benefits of a dental implant for replacing a missing tooth
- Ohio implant dentist explains the different types that are available
- What Centerville patients can expect from the dental implants procedure
- Oral hygiene key to cosmetic maintenance of dental implants after treatment in Dayton
- What to expect from the dental implants procedure in Dayton
- Are you a good candidate for dental implants in Centerville, OH?
- Dayton residents ask, "Am I a candidate for tooth implants?"